TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Sunday, November 18, 2012

I think the giant retailers have finally done it. They crept into one of the two sacred holidays in our country and are forcing workers to give up time with their family to go into work. Once Thanksgiving is done then Christmas is sure to follow.
I am a capitalist. I employ people to go to work, and I wouldn't think of sending people in on Thnaksgiving.
There were two times I have had to work Thanksgiving because of server emergencies, but I did them instead of sending in my employees.
One of those two times was in the early 2000's. I had to work to resolve a server crash that happened the day before the holiday. I was so depressed that I ended up having to work Thanksgiving I decided to do some retail therapy. I added up all the money I made having to work those four days and I realized I could afford to buy a plasma TV. Up until then we all just had the big boxy TVs that weighed a ton and a half.
I blew the entire amount on a 37" plasma and I have never regretted it. It still works great and it definitely made me feel better.
Too bad many folks won't have that kind of ability this week as they are forced to work at low wages on the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment