TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Saturday, November 10, 2012

I just unboxed a new Nikon DSLR D5100. It's my first DSLR in a few years. The last one I bought was an Olympus. It worked well but had a paltry 10 MP compared to over 16 on the Nikon. I know what you're saying, that MPs don't tell the whole story, and that is true.
The new Nikon also has some other cool stuff though. It has night vision, although it doesn' work as well as I had hoped. You can't film in total darkness and expect anything good out of with this camera. I think you would need infra red for that like you see on ghost hunting shows.
It also can film full HD movies with sound. I put in an Eye-Fi card so I could wirelessly upload movies to the internet. This is great to avoid having your storage card get filled up with data. It just sends it right up. I have tethering on my phone so I can upload videos even when I'm away from my home or work wifi units.
My big plan is to upload video as fast as I can shoot it at CES in January of 2013.
That is, if the world doesn't end by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment