TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exciting night for an election. I spent the evening at channel 6 in Portland making sure the technology ran properly during the election. We needed to make sure the results posted in real time to the station and keep the network up and going.
It reminded me of four years ago when they asked to be on a live segment to discuss email hacking that had been going on with some of the candidates. The information was not all that interesting, but the experience was.
I paced the halls of the station and tried not to think about it. I had been on radio for years but people never actually saw me. I started to psych myself out.
I remember just before going on live I was sitting at the news desk. The same desk I had been staring at on TV for years, and now I was sitting behind it staring at the camera!. It was really freaky for me.
I was so nervous as they were announcing me. Picture yourself in that situation with Twitter and Facebook just waiting for you to screw up and live in infamy.
Just as the anchor finished introducing me he turned to me to ask a question and he accidentally spit on on my jacket lapel.
At first I couldn't hear him. I could only see the spittle flying from his mouth and onto my jacket. I almost forgot the question he was asking me. Somehow that was enough to break the tension for me and I relaxed and we went on with the interview.
I was so glad it was over but it was only the first of many more TV interviews over the last four years. It got much easier after that first one, but I will never forget it. I'm glad I didn't choke literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment