TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Friday, March 26, 2010

Exchange 2007 install

Well I decided to upgrade our own Exchange today from 2003 to 2007. There are definitely some things to be aware of when you do this. Use 64 bit instead of 32. Thatw ay when you go to 2010 you will be able to do an in place upgrade. Service pack 2 has been released but you need a license key to install it. Pretty strange. The enterprise version allows you to selectively journal users. Pretty handly if you spend the extra money. You can install it for 120 days without a key however.
I would ike to add the unified messaging, but that is going to take some planning. It would be great to incorporate it into our phone system. I will also have to add Communciator as well to get all the features.
It almost makes me want to move off of our iPhone to Windows phone 7 system, or whatever they're calling it these days, but I think we'll stay with Apple for now.
Now we will have to buy the unified certificate to avoid rpc/http problems. I like it when they add features. I just it when they change things. It's quite the problem for guys who like new toys but hate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment