TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Verizon FIOS support

I had noticed we had a bad route last night, so I called up FIOS support to tell them we needed them to fix it so we could go to a certain block of IP addresses on the internet. It was for one of our customers who needed to traverse into another ISPs block of addresses to get to a website. I got this horrible support lady who told me she couldn't help me because as long we could get to the internet in general, then there was no problem. When we have a customer with a T1, we deal with these routing issues all the time. The ISP, even Verizon, typically has no problem in looking at trace route logs to assist and find out where the bad router is.
So this Verizon lady said to me "As long as you can get out to a website then its not our problem. Do you want me to change the entire internet just for you?"
Then I asked to have her create a ticket so it can be escalated above her, and she said no. Then her supervisor was consulted and he said no. So I asked to speak to him and he took an hour to call me back. In the meantime the customer is going crazy trying to get to this site.
Finally when he called me back I reamed him and he did escalate it and it was resolved. But that was two hours I will never get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment