TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Thursday, August 2, 2012

I have an IBM ISCSI DS3400 and I went to add capacity to it today. I wanted to give more hard drive space to a partition where I'm running Exchange 2010. I had no problem adding the drive and adding free capacity to the array. The IBM GUI made it very easy. When I went to expand the partition with all this extra space it became clear I would have a problem.

Apparently adding to the partition has to be done by command line, and in this case I have to use the magic IBM cable and connect it to a laptop with a serial to USB adapter. I haven't had to use that cable in so long I don't know where it is or what the magic password is. Once i do find it I have the command ready to go. But that could take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment